Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Hammer

Registered:
Posts: 86
Reply with quote  #1 
ALL - 

MORE BAD NEWS KEEPS COMING.

WE HAVE CANCELLED THE LAKE FORK FOR JULY 7 & 8.
AS YOU KNOW, THE SANTA FE NATIONAL FOREST IS CLOSED. CIBOLA NATIONAL FOREST WILL CLOSE FRIDAY 6-15 FOLLOWED BY CARSON NATIONAL FOREST ON MONDAY 6-18.

MANY EVENTS IN THE AREA HAVE CANCELLED. MOUNTAIN WEST VINTAGE TRIALS HAS CANCELLED AT LAKE FORK, WeBe RACING HAS CANCELLED THEIR DESERT RACE AT LOS ALAMOS.

SANTA FE NATIONAL FOREST SHALL REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL DECEMBER 31, 2018 OR UNTIL RESCINDED, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.

WE THINK ITS THE RESPONSIBLE THING TO DO ON THE CLUB'S PART TO RECOGNIZE THE FIRE DANGER AND NOT RISK OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE FOREST SERVICE.

WE SHALL PRAY FOR THE RAINS TO COME AND HOPEFULLY BE RIDING AT LAKE FORK IN AUGUST.

HAMMER

NMTrailboss

Registered:
Posts: 158
Reply with quote  #2 
It's unfortunate, but it needed to happen. [frown]  It is insanely dry out there. Hopefully we can get the summer rains going soon and maybe get them to rescind back to stage I by the August event. 
Hammer

Registered:
Posts: 86
Reply with quote  #3 
No New Updates Folks, Forest Is Still Closed 
NMTrailboss

Registered:
Posts: 158
Reply with quote  #4 
But at least the San Juan National Forest in southern Colorado is re-opening tomorrow (back to Stage 2) after a Stage 3 closure since June 12th...so the rains from last weekend did do some good!
Hammer

Registered:
Posts: 86
Reply with quote  #5 
Lake Fork is now open for business...paperwork is in the works! [biggrin]

Hammer
NMTrailboss

Registered:
Posts: 158
Reply with quote  #6 

[confused]

I know the SFNF just reopened at Stage II, but how does that affect us at Lake Fork? Don't we need it down to Stage I to ride there or does the permit let us in there at Stage II?
Hammer

Registered:
Posts: 86
Reply with quote  #7 
We still can have an event with stage 2 restrictions but....

Stage 2 has been lifted and campfires are now allowed at Lake Fork.
I've been in contact with and we are just waiting on the insurance to submit to them and we will be good to go.

Hammer
NMTrailboss

Registered:
Posts: 158
Reply with quote  #8 
I see it now on their website...down to Stage 1!

So, as far as you know can we go up to practice at Lake Fork now? I assume the paperwork you are working on is for the August event.
Hammer

Registered:
Posts: 86
Reply with quote  #9 
I'm not sure if we can go up to practice...

We can go up to set the sections for sure (trials masters are you listening?)

Yes, we are working on the paperwork for August and we have a permit, but need to send the Forest Service the insurance so they can approve us and give us the official approval.

We have requested the insurance as of yesterday and it will take a few days to receive it.
Moparelwood

Registered:
Posts: 35
Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks for the update guys and all the hard work to try to make this happen
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:


Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!